Couture was written for one kit of The Blue Brick’s fingering weight hat and glove kits. It’s super easy; don’t let those cables intimidate you! However I would say that learning to cable 1x1 without a needle will definitely speed things up for you during this knit :).
Sample is shown in our “Leather” colourway.
You will need:
- 1 sock weight hat & glove kit from The Blue Brick or 350 yards of sock weight yarn.
- 2.5 mm & 3mm needles in 16” circular needles + 4 dpns or one long circular for magic loop.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends.
- Hat: Adjustable (14’ circumference as written, unstretched, unblocked. 9” deep)
- Gloves: 6” circumference (unstretched),
- 9” length (measured before blocking).
- 34 stitches = 4” in cable pattern on 3mm needles