March Club Colour – Cove
In Newfoundland, there’s an area called ‘Flatrock’ where I’ve already based one of my colourways. If you turned 180 degrees on the spot and looked the other way, you would see this quintessentially Newfoundland view; a colourful house, perched atop a cliff by the sea.
March’s club colour comes from this same place, earthy, rich and tonal.
For the base I opted to go with our Killarney Sock; a sturdy blend of nylon and superwash merino, with 420 yards to the skein.
The base holds the colour beautifully, and has great stitch definition for the pattern I’m working on; super simple elbow-length fingerless gloves. A perfect transitional accessory for the weeks ahead, when spring still seems far away.
Stay tuned to Facebook and the blog for news on when the sale of ‘Cove’ will go live; I’m aiming for the first week of March.
Just a quick recap on how the Blue Brick’s yarn club works:
- Pattern and yarn are listed together on our Etsy site.
- You will have 3 days to purchase as many skeins as you like, from just one kit, to a sweaters worth.
- After those three days are up, I will dye all the yarn to order, get the pattern finalized and tech-edited, and ship out kits
- Kits will contain the yarn, the photo on a small metallic print and a printed copy of the pattern.
- The pattern is exclusive to the club for one month, after which is is released to Ravelry
- Once a club colourway is done, it will no longer be available.