The auction has been closed.
Today, I passed the entire book, in both Word and PDF form to my editor for review. A whopping 68 pages (up from the 40 pages in the 1st Edition) with tons of new photography, new ideas and 14 full-sized projects (up from the original 6) plus 2 bonus projects and 18 mini-projects in the inspiration gallery (up from the original 12). To say that I am happy is an understatement!
Today I will leave you with what I personally find to be the most intriguing part of any new craft book, the page I hit first, the Table of Contents. It gives you a great overview of the material that I cover in the 2nd Edition. Over the next few weeks I’ll give you a quick overview and examples of each new project!
- 4 Intro
- 5 Where to get supplies
- 6 Preserving materials
- 7 Preserving materials – Leaves
- 8-12 Preserving materials – Flowers
- 13 Preserving materials – Paper and photographs
- 13 Preserving materials – Other organic material
- 14 Preparing your materials
- 15 Working with resin-Mixing
- 16-17 Working with resin-Using a Vacuum Chamber
- 18-19 Working with resin-Pouring and Doming
- 20-21 Attaching a Bail
- 22 Projects:
- 22-23 Project 1: Getting your feet wet – Basic Resin Pendant
- 24-25 Project 2: Working with resin molds – Ice Cube Pendant
- 26-27 Project 3: Using a sealant to preserve elements – Washi Earrings
- 28-29 Project 4: Using Fabric in Resin – The Lingerie Bangle
- 30-31 Project 5: Using Printed Transparencies – The Filigree Bangle
- 32-33 Project 6: Layering Elements in the Resin – I Autumn Ring
- 34-37 Project 7: Working with open backed bezels – Transparent Pendant
- 38-39 Project 8: Using a Spherical Mold – The Jungle Pendant
- 40-43 Project 9: Using Silicon Texture Molds – The Wrought-Iron Pendant
- 44-45 Project 10: Using Pigments 1 – The Faux Enamel Bracelet
- 46-49 Project 11: Using Pigments 2 – The Faux Opal Pendant
- 50-51 Project 12: Using Pigments 3 – The Cherry Blossom Pendant
- 52-53 Project 13: Using Pigments 4 – White Resin Lace Pendant
- 54-55 Project 14: Using Pigments 5 – the ‘Stash Buster’ Pendant
- 56 Bonus Project: The Queen Anne’s Lace Spherical Pendant
- 57 Bonus Project: Preserving an Entire Dandelion Head
- 58-65 Inspiration gallery and mini project pages
- 66-67 Troubleshooting tips
~ Obligatory Book stuff below ~
Resin Jewelry, 2nd Edition will be released September 15 and is now available for pre-order. Pre-ordering entitles you to the current version now and the fully updated version on September 15 at no further cost. You can pre-order until September 15 for only $20.00 USD, after which the price will go up to $28.00 USD.
Upgrade option for folks who already own a copy:
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you bought the book on my Etsy site, give me the paypal address you used to buy the first book. If you bought it on blurb, give me the date of your original purchase
- I will verify the original purchase with my records
- Once verified, for a paypal payment of $5 I will add you to the list of folks who will automatically receive the e-book Resin Jewelry, 2nd Edition on September 15th, via email.
This offer will expire on September 14th, on September 15th the full e-book and printed version will be released.
You can pre-order the e-book at Etsy or Craftsy: