The Bum Cosy
It’s just what it sounds like; a cute and sexy little hip hugger that’s meant to be worn over jeggings or tights to keep your bum warm and stylish in this chilly weather.
The Bum Cosy is built to allow for a lot of stretch, so when sizing you’ll be knitting to give the recipient 2 inches of negative ease (see sizing guideline on next page). The ribbing, and ribbed cables are very forgiving, so you’re more likely to come out too loose rather than too tight. If you fancy a skirt length, instructions are given for making it longer.
Hip sizes for 28”, 30”, 32”, 34”, 36”, 38”, 40”, 42” and 44” have been provided. Each one has been designed as a separate chart, so there is no need to keep track of which size you’re knitting. Just pick the chart that’s right for you and knit on!
The bum cosy is a straightforward knit where you pick your chart, repeat row one for 2 inches, repeat the body chart to your desired length and then repeat row 16 for another 2 inches or so. The body is divided into 6 identical panels (chart B), with 2 chain link panels (chart A) that will run fetchingly down the side of your hips when worn.
The waistband is reinforced with a crochet chain or knited i-cord that you will weave through the ribbing to tighten the cosy as needed.
- Yarn: Sizes 28 - 36, 2 skeins (400 yards) of worsted weight yarn.
- Sizes 38 - 44, 3 skeins (600 yards) of worsted weight yarn.
- Recommended: Sweet Georgia Superwash Worsted
- Sample shown in colourway ‘Cayenne’.
- Gauge: 6 stitches/inch after wet blocking in unstretched 2x2 rib.
- Needles: 3.5mm 32” circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Notions: 8 stitch markers, one of which looks different from the rest
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends.
- Cable needle
- Crochet hook or pair of size 3.5 mm dpns for either crochet chain or i-cord