Goodies for Diabetics – Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
It’s been a while since I found a great diabetes recipe – but I had a craving for peanut butter cookies the other day, and wanted to make something sweet for my mom. These worked like a charm.
They do contain Splenda, and I’m still searching for a great alternative to it, but the taste was completely awesome and no one in my ‘taste test crew’ could tell they were sugar-free.
You will need:
- 2 cups natural, smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups granular splenda (or other granular, no-calorie sweetener)
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Make little balls about 1.5″ in diameter and drop them onto the cookie sheet, pressing lightly into the top of each one with the back of a fork to flatten.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until centre is firm.